Avoid costly pressure loss in your heating system this winter
As much as we all might want to deny it, it’s just too chilly to ignore the cold, hard truth; we’re now well into autumn and heading towards the coldest months of the year. That inevitably means we will all be putting our heating back on, often for the first time in months.
Stagnant heating systems can lead to problems
There are few things more comforting when the weather gets cold than coming home, flicking on the heating and curling up on the sofa in a warm house. Yet firing up the boiler for the first time after a long summer spell unused can put added stress on our boilers and central heating systems.
The busiest two-month period of the year for boiler repairs is December and January, with more than a quarter of all repairs needed during those two months. If you live in the south of the UK, the warmer general temperatures mean that boilers are left to stagnate for even longer, causing more repair issues.
The heating system will be put under greater strain the first few times you put it on; all that additional hard work can lead to an eventual loss in boiler pressure, which is one of the main causes of boiler breakdown during the winter months. Pressure within the system is vitally important in keeping it working efficiently and effectively — if the pressure drops too low, you’ll be faced with boiler shutdown or even damage.
When winter really hits and it gets really cold outside, the last thing you’ll want is to turn on your heating and be left cold and with no choice but to call out a plumber at great expense — especially in a year where many of us have been on furlough, lost our jobs and been put under greater financial strain due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Avoid financial and heating calamity with one simple device
Luckily, there’s a simple and affordable solution that can help you avoid all that hassle and help to ensure that your heating system is running in tip-top fashion throughout what’s bound to be a cold winter. Our PressureSentry device is easy to fit to your existing heating system and could really avoid some headaches this winter.
So what does it do?
- The unit alerts you if the system pressure drops below a pre-set level, allowing you to take action before the boiler breaks down.
• The PressureSentry’s innovative advanced warning system affords you the time to schedule an appointment with your plumber during normal working hours.
• It can be fitted to almost any radiator in your home in minutes during a routine visit, only drawing on the battery power if low pressure is detected.
• The PressureSentry’s dual audio-visual alert system also makes it ideal for homeowners with visual or hearing impairments.
• It comes with a three-year warranty, adding to your peace of mind.
If you’re worried that turning on your heating could lead to problems with your heating and want to avoid the potential troubles that come with plumbing problems, visit https://teddingtonheating.com/pressure-sentry